Whenever I ran a report in Reporting Services 2008 I got this error:
processing!ReportServer_0-1!2620!07/14/2011-09:49:30:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source ‘CRM’. —> System.InvalidOperationException: Trace Directory not defined
It didn’t matter which report I always got this error. I double checked all of my permissions and just couldn’t figure out why it couldn’t find a trace directory. I ended up stumbling across this link which basically said to uninstall and reinstall the CRM Data Connector.
I couldn’t believe it but it actually worked. Just uninstall the CRM Data Connector and then install it again.
Some things are mystifying!